For the final, you will be using data from five North Carolina counties to write a story that helps an audience understand some interesting context about this year’s elections.
The data sets you will use are:
- Voter registration data (N.C. State Board of Election)
- Election results data (N.C. State Board of Election)
- U.S. Census data
(You must use at least two of these data sets. You may add other data sets if you choose.)
The requirements of the final assignment are:
- A 1,500-word narrative news story
- Adhere’s to AP Style, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Must have clear news value — the “So What?” of the story
- Must use data accurately and clearly.
- Must link to the data you used so that your audience can replicate the story.
- Uses at least three human sources, including at least one “expert” and one “lay voter”
- One map
- One other data visualization
You may use any tool to do the data analysis you need for your story.
Due: Friday, April 29, 3 p.m.
Story proposal memo due: Friday, April 1, 5 p.m.